Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Garden of Anngela

Happy Belated 4th of July!! Our holiday weekend was unfortunately taken over by rain and clouds...so no exciting beach trips or lazy pool days, but we did still have some fun times with good friends :) One of the most exciting things was finally seeing Eclipse--I went with Jamie last night and it was awesome!! I am truly a Twilight/Jacob addict :) I love the books and seeing them come to life in the movies is always exciting!!
I also managed to slip in one DIY project the past two days...I have decided to try something VERY new to my world! Gardening :) Rather I should say...potted flowers. One kind for now inparticular...sunflowers!! A good friend from work Vanessa, picked up some sunflower, daisy and strawberry seeds and started a mini garden herself. After seeing the success she was having I was very excited for her! She gave me some of her extra sunflower seeds and I was anxious to get them growing. I made a trip to Wally World yesterday for a cheap planter and some Miracle Grow--because I'm pretty sure a miracle is what I'll need for them to grow! I have NEVER planted flowers or tried to grow anything on my own anytime recently...so this should be interesting and hopefully just as successful as Vanessa! 
But of course, I had to turn it into a project :)
This was the planter before I got my hands on it... 

I broke out my acrylic paints and brushes...
I started off by freehand drawing some simple flowers with a pencil. I then went over it with my paint in array of bright colors. I finally added some green dots and stripes for extra pizzazz...
I think it turned out super fun! 

Here is one side of the planter. 

The other. 


Hopefully I will see some pretty sunflowers in my future...if not, I will stick with just decorating the planters ;) Wish me luck! 



signature

2 comments:

Katie said...

LOVE the planter box!!!! So cute!

Heather said...

Nice blog yyou have