Sunday, December 19, 2010

DIY Christmas Ornament

After much thought (and googling!) I decided on a technique for a DIY Christmas Ornament for my male manager. Keyword--male. That meant glitter, fun colors and bows could not be used! Which was harder than I thought...I knew I definitely wanted to include an old favorite basketball team logo and that was about it. I was open to any and all suggestions when finally I came across this technique at Mab Blab and fell in love. This is what I ended up with!


The idea for this technique is pretty simple. 
You remove the lid to the ornament--plop in your paint colors--cover the opening and swirl and shake!


I added the logo by printing out the image and adhering it with Paper Mod Podge. 


My manager ended up loving the gift and thought that I had originally purcahsed it--which is always a compliment. The idea is simple but the result is a clean look--and just the perfect fit for a guy!

Variations of this technique include using multiple colors and adding glitter. 
Every ornament made using this technique truly turns out to be one of a kind!

I also managed to sneak in a quick DIY T-Shirt with the same logo usinng a simple printable iron-on image of the teams logo. :)




2 comments:

mab said...

Thanks for the linky love! And, I really like how you added the paper logo. It looks super cool. I think that will be something I do for the sports fans in my family next year. :)So glad your boss liked it!

Katie said...

Love this idea! Totally need to do this!!!