Monday, August 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Delight - Doggie Cupcakes {Recipe}

July 29, 2007 -- When this little booger entered the world.


November 28, 2007 -- When this little booger entered MY world!

 

Starting off at a little over 5 pounds (at 4 months) and nothing but a Maltese furball, Bailey was the first puppy I ever had. I purchased him on November 28, 2007--yes, on Black Friday. The deal was; Larry gets a new flat screen TV and I get my puppy. I didn't think I would actually end up getting a dog (as we had just took the big leap and moved out on our own) but once I met Bailey I knew I had to have him--and the Black Friday price specials didn't hurt either. ;) After waiting about a week for him to finish getting his shots, our whole world was turned upside down once we finally brought him home. From potty training to kennel training he was one handful of a puppy! But getting Bailey was the best thing that I had ever done--he is so fun and so loving and brings us so much happiness every day! This year on Friday, July 29, 2011 he turned 4 years old. I can't believe my baby has grown up so fast! (I know--we talk like he is our child...but until we have REAL children, he is definitely our baby!)

Bailey's first bath

Bailey is definitely a huge part of our family. :) 

 Thankfully he loves the pool just like his mommy. Well--he likes being on the raft anyway. :)

And you know this pup belongs in the sunshine state since he loves his boat rides!

 He's a little goofy at times...

And likes to beg--a LOT.
  

 And even though he's a little 'not-worth-anything' dog, he gets plenty of love from everyone!
If I had a dollar for every time I heard "I don't like small dogs, but I love Bailey" then I'd be a millionaire.
I am truly grateful that Bailey is such a perfect pup!!

 

 I think it's safe to say that thanks to the tremendous love from his grandma and grandpa (Larry's parents) Bailey has gained a little weight! At 4 months he was a mere 5 pounds but after 4 years he has grown into a whopping {almost} 14 pounds! And even though the vet just said it wouldn't hurt that for his age Bailey lose 2-3 pounds, I couldn't resist making him a yummy treat for his birthday!
 

:Dog Birthday Cake Recipe:
Peanut Butter Delight
(recipe was found at Birthday Dog Cake Recipes)

Ingredients:
1 cup white or whole wheat flour 
1 tsp baking soda 
1/4 cup peanut butter 
1/4 cup vegetable oil 
1 cup shredded carrots (I left this out--like his mommy, Bailey doesn't like all kinds of veggies!)
1 tsp vanilla 
1/3 cup honey 
1 egg
Directions:Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick spray for 40 minutes. 
**I chose to make cupcakes in various sizes rather than one cake. Note: Bake the cupcakes at about a quarter of the time to prevent burnt cakes--not that I learned from experience or anything. :) 
Cinnamon Frosting:
Combine the following ingredients and blend thoroughly:
12 ounces nonfat cream cheese (room temperature) 
3 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp honey


Bailey loved this recipe and was nice enough to share his treat with his best friend, Harley! (Larry's parents' pit bull) Along with his cupcakes and a few treats from the pet store Bailey also got a few new toys since keeping his stuffed animals in one piece is pretty hard to do with a pit bull in the house!! :)

He could smell that somethig was in the oven!


Bailey loved his new toy frog! I also found a blue star that reminded me of one of his first toys that he LOVED--needless to say he was anxious to get ahold of it!

 

 
Hiding one of his treats under a pillow--crazy pup!

Harley and Bailey waiting patiently for their cupcakes.


Bailey eating his first mini cupcake!

I think it's safe to say he loved it! :)
 
Harley swallowed his whole full-size cupcake in about 5 seconds!


This was sent to me on Bailey's birthday--what perfect timing!
If you want someone who will eat whatever you put in front of him and never say it's not quite as good as his mother's...
Then adopt a dog.

If you want someone always willing to go out at any hour, for as long and wherever you want...

Then adopt a dog.
If you want someone who will never touch the remote, doesn't care about football, and can sit next to you as you watch romantic movies...

Then adopt a dog.

If you want someone who is content to get on your bed just to warm your feet and whom you can push off if he snores...

Then adopt a dog.
If you want someone who never criticizes what you do, doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old, who acts as if every word you say is especially worthy of listening to, and loves you unconditionally, perpetually...



Then adopt a dog. 
I can't imagine what my life would be like without being able to spoil Bailey or come home to the love of my pup every day!!

signature 



6 comments:

Pamela said...

I love this post!! We just got our first dog a few months & it has been a fun experience! We have a yorkie :) He is pretty big, for being a yorkie too! My mom has a Maltese & he is such a good, sweet dog!! Happy birthday to your cute little pup :)

Katie said...

Awe, Happy Birthday B! Love all the pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I have my baby Tiki , a yorkie, that it's turning a year on Saturday and I will totally bake this birthday cake for her!

Beth said...

Thanks for the recipe! Just one thought... baking soda is toxic for dogs...

Anonymous said...

Should we use baking soda?

Anonymous said...

I just made these for my dog and she loved them. I put food coloring in the icing and made it different colors. Today is her first birthday. Thanks!!!