Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bachelorette Party Invitations

I had the pleasure of working on the bachelorette party invitations for a fabulous lady from my previous job. We are planning an AWESOME full day of nothing but girl time. It's going to be a blast! Brainstorming on the cheapest route to make 25 invitations was pretty difficult--especially because the bride-to-be is such a fun and personable girl that I knew the invites couldn't be just plain old printed invites. Being on a budget didn't allow for much customization and flair either! But, with a little bit of card stock, Mod Podge Sparkle, Mod Podge Paper, and curling ribbon, this is what I came up with! :)

Such a simple but fun design. 
Using the various fonts made the card have a little bit more flair as well.


The colors for the party are purple, silver, white and black. I printed the text on white paper and Mod Podged it to the purple card stock. I then went over the wording with Mod Podge Sparkle. This is my new FAVORITE thing of all time! It adds just the right amount of bling to your project, which is PERFECT for the bride-to-be since she loves anything that sparkles! 

 (Sorry, the bling is really hard to catch on camera--and no the paper corners aren't coming off, 
that's just a bad angle with the sparkle and lighting!)

After folding in the corners, I used the prettiest curling ribbon and tied bows to secure the invites. 



Here they are!! Well, SOME of them anyway. There were 25 in total. While printing invitations would have been the EASIER (& possibly cheaper) route to go, this was still VERY cheap seeing as how I already owned the Mod Podge Paper  and white printer paper (all I had to purchase was the Mod Podge Sparkle and purple card stock--which was on sale 40% off!) All in all, I received many compliments on the invitations. I hope the bride-to-be loves them and we have a fabulous time celebrating before her big day!! :)

signature

6 comments:

Katie said...

Your invites turned out awesome!!!!

cheryl@scrapaddict4sure said...

I love Mod Podge. I didn't know they made a Mod Podge Sparkle. Where did you get this?I love that sparkle it really makes the invitations pop!

Christina said...

Those turned out so cute! I love it!

Anngela said...

Thanks ya'll!!

@cheryl-I got the Mod Podge Sparkle at Michaels, but I'm sure they carry it at Jo-Anns as well. I LOVE this stuff!! I love having bling on everything so it's a must-have for my craft room now :) Perfect for cards, invites, wood projects...or ANY DIY! I even used it for a Halloween project that I will be posting soon :)

genny said...

very nice invitation cards. i have made before invitations for my sister's wedding. and would love to make another one for a friend. yours is a nice one, would like to try this. simple and ilegant. cheers!

Brianna! said...

OH MY HEAVENS these are SO pretty!!

LOVE them

xoxo
bB